# Contributing to the Main Repository
This section describes how to contribute to the main repository. If you're looking to contribute to any of our other repositories, please refer to the Contributing to VueTube page.
- Android Studio "Arctic Fox" or Later - Download (opens new window)
- NodeJS 16.x - Download (opens new window)
- Java JRE 11 - [Download your preferred java runner]
- Java JDK 11 - [Download your preferred JDK]
- (Optional) Xcode [iOS app development] - Download (opens new window)
Now that you have everything installed, you can proceed with installing your node dependencies. You can do this with the following commands in the project's root directory:
npm i; cd NUXT; npm i; cd ..
If you wish to test the app within your browser, you can enter the
NUXT directory, and run
npm run dev. You can then navigate to
http://localhost:80/ in your favorite web browser.
NOTE: TESTING THE APPLICATION FROM WITHIN YOUR WEB BROWSER DISALLOWS SOME FEATURES FROM WORKING. PLEASE COMPILE TO YOUR ANDROID DEVICE BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PULL REQUEST
NOTE2: If you get an error about
EACCES: permission denied 0.0.0.0:80, change the port in
nuxt.config.jsback to 3000.
If you're done with your changes and are ready to submit your code, there is one last step: compiling to your android device.
- Plug in your Android or iOS device. (and make sure that ADB works for android by running
adb devicesin your ADB directory)
- Then, in the root directory of the project, run
./scripts/build.ps1on Windows or
./scripts/build.shfor linux or mac.
- Finally, run
npx cap run androidto push to your android device or
npx cap run iosfor your ios device!